While the muscle-heads reading this article will scream out in fear of not getting enough protein - I will calmly note that since I've cut my protein intake in half, a few years ago (it was way too high) - I have not lost a single ounce of muscle, but I do look better - and I feel much better.
BREAKFAST TIME: 11am
Yeah some people may say "Oh, that too late to be eating breakfast!" - but if you are already hip to the 'meal shifting' tactic - then you know how this works. If not - here's a quick summary:
Instead of eating first thing in the morning - you wait until mid to late morning to get your first meal in. Naturally all of your meals get pushed/shifted back a few hours - giving you less opportunity to overeat and consume unnecessary calories.
Here's the recipe:
- 1/3 cup whole oats - cooked on low heat (stove) for 10 minutes in...
- 3/4 cup water
...When cooked - drop on top of...
- 1/2 small/medium banana
- 1 tablespoon dried berry mix (I used Newman's Own Organic)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
- 1 heaping tablespoon of (organic) ground flax seed (this is vital to my daily nutrition)
- 1 strong pinch of stevia extract powder (for all natural, zero calorie sweetness)
Stir it up...
Add some water to tweak the consistency to your preference...
I eat this about five times per week.
If scheduling this type of breakfast for your self is a challenge - try this...
On Sunday, follow the same recipe as above. Just multiply it by 5. When it is done - divide it up into 5 storage containers - and put them into the refrigerator.
Now you have one for each day of the week.